Standing on the corner with a nickel
or a dime
There used to be a rail car to take
you down the line
Too much beer and whiskey to ever be
employed
And when I got to Nashville, it was
too much soldier's joy
Wasted on the wayside, wasted on the
way
If I don't go tomorrow, you know I'm
gone today.
Back, baby, back in time
I wanna go back when you were mine
Back, baby, back in time
I wanna go back when you were mine.
Black highway all-night ride
Watching the times fall away to the
side
Clear channel way down low
Is coming in loud and my mind let go.
Peaches in the summertime, apples in
the fall
If I can't have you all the time, I
won't have none at all
Oh, I wish I was in 'Frisco in a
brand-new pair of shoes
I'm sitting here in Nashville with
Norman's Nashville blues
So come all you good time rounders
listening to my sound
Then drink a round to Nashville
before they tear it down.
Back, baby, back in time
I wanna go back when you were mine
Back, baby, back in time
I wanna go back when you were mine.
Hard weather, driving slow
The buggies and the hats in town for
the show
Oh darling, the songs they played
Are all I got left of the love we
made.
It is a folk-country
song written by Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, released on Welch’s 2003
album Soul Journey.
The
lyrics mention drifting through life, arriving in Nashville, and encountering
"soldier's joy" (a traditional old-time fiddle tune and a historical
term for morphine/whiskey). The song also lacks a strict linear narrative, instead evoking strong
feelings of nostalgia, longing, and bittersweet memory.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário