The Smiths - I Won't Share You



I won't share you, no, I won't share you with the drive and ambition

The zeal I feel this is my time, the note I wrote as she read, she said

"Has the Perrier gone straight to my head 

or is life sick and cruel, instead?"

"Yes!"


No, no, no...Oh!


I won't share you, no, I won't share you with the drive and the dreams inside

This is my time. Life tends to come and go that's okay

As long as you know life tends to come and go

As long as you know, know, know...Oh!


I won't share you, no, I won't share you with the drive and the dreams inside

This is my time. II want the freedom and I want the guile

I want the freedom and the guile. Oh, life tends to come and go

As long as you know, know, know...Oh!


I won't share you, no, I won't share you

I'll see you somewhere I'll see you sometime

Darling!


      I saw The Last Picture Show, 1971, by Peter Bogdanovich after our revolution in 1974. I was still young and the image of Cybil Shepherd in the swimming pool has always been in my eyes forever. What about the song? Pop in the 1980s was rocked to its foundations with the arrival of The Smiths in 1983. With their blend of Morrissey’s misery and Johnny Marr’s melodies, they became an integral exponent of Manchester’s musical heritage.


Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue