My Rifle, My Pony, and Me



The sun is sinking in the west
The cattle go down to the stream
The redwing settles in the nest
It's time for a cowboy to dream

Purple light in the canyons
That's where I long to be
With my three good companions
Just my rifle, pony and me

Gonna hang my sombrero
On the limb of a tree
Comin´ home sweetheart darlin´
Just my rifle, pony and me

Whippoorwill in the willow
Sings a sweet melody
Riding to Amarillo
Just my rifle, pony and me


No more cows to be ropened
No more strays will I see
Round the bend she'll be waitin´
For my rifle, pony and me
For my rifle, my pony and me.

   2nd song:


I wish I was a apple hangin' in a tree
And everytime my sweetheart passed
She'd take a bite off me
She told me that she loved me
She called me sugar plum
She threw her arms around me
I thought my time had come.

Get along home, Cindy-Cindy
Get along home, Cindy-Cindy
Get along home, Cindy-Cindy
I'll marry you sometime.

I wish I had a needle
As fine as I could sew
I'd sew her in my pocket
And down the road I go
Cindy hugged and kissed me
She wrung her hands and cried
Swore I was the prettiest thing
That ever lived or died.


      Rio Bravo é um célebre western americano, de 1959, realizado por Howard Hawks, com actores como John WayneDean MartinRicky Nelson e Angie Dickinson. O enrredo foi baseado na short story "Rio Bravo" de B. H. McCampbell.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue