I'm goin' down to the Greyhound
station
Gonna get a ticket to ride
Gonna find that lady with two or
three kids
And sit down by her side.
Ride 'til the sun comes up and down
around me
'Bout two or three times
Smokin' cigarettes in the last seat
Tryin' to hide my sorrow from the
people I meet
And get along with it all.
Go down where the people say y'all
Sing a song with a friend
Change the shape that I'm in
And get back in the game and start
playin' again.
I'd like to stay, but I might have to go
To start over again
Might go back down to Texas
Might go to somewhere that I've never
been.
And get up in the mornin' and go out
at night
And I won't have to go home
Get used to bein' alone
Change the words to this song
And start singin' again.
I'm tired of runnin' 'round
Lookin' for answers to questions that
I already know
I could build me a castle of memories
Just to have somewhere to go.
Count the days and the nights that it
takes
To get back in the saddle again
Feed the pigeons some clay, turn the
night into day
And start talkin' again when I know
what to say.
I'm goin' down to the Greyhound station
Gonna get a ticket to ride
Gonna find that lady with two or
three kids
And sit down by her side.
Ride 'til the sun comes up and down
around me
'Bout two or three times
Smokin' cigarettes in the last seat
Try to hide my sorrow from the people
I meet
And get along with it all.
Go down where the people say y'all
Feed the pigeons some clay
Turn the night into day
And start talkin' again when I know
what to say.
"Clay
Pigeons" is a song about personal renewal, starting over, and seeking
quiet peace after a hard life. It was written by the Texas outlaw country
musician Blaze Foley, and later made famous
by John Prine, who loved the track
so much he felt he should have written it himself.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário