I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would meet her connection
At her feet was her footloose man.
No, you can't always get what you
want!
You can't always get what you want!
You can't always get what you want!
But if you try sometime you'll find
You get what you need!
I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And, man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favourite flavour, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and
that was "dead"
I said to him.
Marianne Faithful, who
was Mick Jagger's girlfriend, claimed that her drug use was the inspiration for
this song. The lyrics reflect on disappointment, desire and the limits of human
expectations. Its central message accepts that life rarely provides exactly
what we seek, yet unexpected experiences can offer something meaningful. The
song contrasts personal frustrations with wider social realities, creating a
bittersweet portrait of existence. Its gospel-influenced arrangement gives the
chorus a communal, almost spiritual quality.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário