The Wailin' Jennys - "Glory Bound" and "Wildflowers"


 

When I hear that trumpet sound

I will lay my burdens down

I will lay them deep into the ground

Then I'll know that I am glory bound.

 

I'll be travelling far from home

But I won't be looking for to roam

I'll be crossing o'er the great divide

In a better home soon I will reside.

 

Hallelujah!

 

When I'm in my resting place

I'll look on my mother's face

Never more will I have to know

All the loneliness that plagues me so.

 

So I'm waiting for that train to come

And I know where she's coming from

Listen can you hear her on the track

When I board I won't be looking back.


      The meaning of this gospel song is obvious but simple and eloquent. Written from the perspective of a person who has had a hard life and is now facing death, anxiously waiting for a new beginning. The melody is nice.


You belong among the wildflowers

You belong on a boat out at sea

Sail away, kill off the hours

You belong somewhere you feel free.

 

Sail away, go find a lover

Go away somewhere bright and new

I'd see no other

That compares with you.

 

You belong among the wildflowers

You belong on a boat out at sea

You belong with your love on your arm

You belong somewhere you feel free.

 

Run away, go find a lover

Run away, let your heart be your guide

You deserve the deepest of cover

You belong in that home by and by.

 

You belong among the wildflowers

You belong somewhere close to me (close to me)

Far away from your trouble and worry

You belong somewhere you feel free.


      The second song is a hymn to love and freedom. Each of them is essential but will be dangerous if we don't care. The attitude is simple again and the harmonies are beautiful.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário