Paint me a picture of Ireland - Seán Keane



And old man stood at a canvas, deciding what he'd paint that day,
When he was found by his grandson, who was on a brief holiday.
The old man he was distracted at the young boy's request on that day,
And tears welled up inside him when he heard his grandson say


'Paint me a picture of Ireland, of things you remember the most:
Its mountain land, its valleys, its islands, and its coast.
Paint me a picture of Ireland, of things your mem'ry still holds—
Something to show my grandchildren, a glimpse of the green, white, and gold.'

The old man he had left Ireland when the famine was still in its prime,
Leaving a dying people to survive a race against time.
He landed like millions of others in a country that opened its door,
But he never forgot his homestead, a shared stories of fam'ly and more.


Now an old man lay dying, with his grandchildren all round his bed.
He wants to tell them a story about the picture there o'er his head.
'My grandfather painted it for me when I was much younger than you.
This is where he came from, and this is where your roots are too.

'This is a picture of Ireland, of things that he talked of the most:
Its mountains and its valleys, its islands and its coast.
This is a picture of Ireland, of stories he often told.
He was so proud to be Irish, wrapped up in the green, white, and gold.


      'Paint me a Picture of Ireland' a song that tells a story of five generations of the Irish Diaspora who are proud to be Irish and never forgets their people or their roots.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue