The Rolling Stones - The Last Time




Well, I told you once and I told you twice
But ya never listen to my advice
You don't try very hard to please me
With what you know it should be easy.

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know, oh no, oh no.

Well, I'm sorry girl but I can't stay
Feelin' like I do today
It's too much pain and too much sorrow
Guess I'll feel the same tomorrow.

Well, I told you once and I told you twice
That someone will have to pay the price
But here's a chance to change your mind
'Cause I'll be gone a long, long time.

      Keith deu a conhecer que o manager dos Rolling Stones na época, Andrew Oldham, estava farto de os ouvir tocar versões e perguntou-lhes, "How many obscure great songs can find to cover?". Então, olhou para Mick and Keith e fechou-os num quarto até de lá saírem com uma canção original. A indústria da música exigia originais e sem eles "poderia ser a última vez".
      Horas depois, a porta abriu-se e o manager continuava ali, sentado em cima de um saco com batatas, à espera. Depois de ouvir "The Last Time", a primeira canção Jagger & Richards, disse "Pronto, temos um Number 1". E na verdade, a canção chegou ao top de vendas em vários países.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue