Sean Lennon - Julia



Half of what I say is meaningless
but I say it just to reach you, Julia

Julia, oceanchild calls me
So I sing a song of love

Julia, seashell eyes, windy smile calls me
So I sing a song of love, Julia

Her hair of floating sky is shimmering, 
glimmering in the sun

Julia, morning moon touch me
So, I sing a song of love, Julia

When I cannot sing my heart
I can only speak my mind, Julia

Julia, sleeping sand, silent cloud touch me
So, I sing a song of love, Julia

Hum hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Julia, Julia, Julia.

      Quando os quatro Beatles foram para a Índia fazer um retiro para limpar a alma do barulho dos concertos de estádio, John pediu a Donovan Leitch para lhe ensinar a tocar na guitarra um 'finger picking' (dedilhar) diferente. Dovovan contou, assim, o episódio "He [Lennon] was trying to write a song about a childhood he never had, and that was very touching to me. He said, 'You are the guy who writes the children's songs. Can you try and help me with this one?' So I may have added a line there."
      A canção é dedicada a uma mulher importante na vida de Lennon, a sua mãe. 

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue