Pete Seeger - To My Old Brown Earth




      To my old brown earth and to my old blue sky, I'll now give these last few molecules of "I". And you who sing and you who stand nearby I do charge you not to cry. Guard well our human chain, watch well you keep it strong as long as sun will shine, and this our home keep pure and sweet and green, for now I'm yours and you are also mine.  by Pete Seeger

      Tradução: À minha velha terra castanha e ao meu velho céu azul, eu irei dar agora estas poucas moléculas do meu "Eu". E a vós que cantais e que permaneceis por perto, eu encarrego-vos de não chorarem. Guardem bem os elos humanos, ponderem bem e mantenham-nos fortes enquanto o sol brilhar. E mantenham a nossa casa alva, limpa e verde, porque agora eu sou uma parte de vós e vós sois uma parte de mim.

      "Seeger é um sonhador de velhas lutas inúteis" L. Cohen

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue