Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker




If you are the dealer I'm out of the game If you are the healer I'm broken and lame If thine is the glory then mine must be the shame
You want it darker, we kill the flame
Magnified and sanctified Be Thy Holy Name
Vilified and crucified in the human frame A million candles burning for the help that never came
You want it darker, Hineni Hineni
I'm ready, my Lord.
There's a lover in the story but the story's still the same
There’s an lullaby for suffering and a paradox to blame But it’s written in the scriptures and it’s not some idle claim
You want it darker, we kill the flame
They’re lining up the prisoners now the guards are taking aim I struggled with some demons they were middle-class and tame
Didn’t know I had permission to murder and to maim
You want it darker, Hineni Hineni I'm ready, my Lord.

      Com a produção de Adam Cohen, filho do cantor, com vozes do coro da sinagoga que Cohen frequenta com regularidade, aqui temos mais um hino baseado na liturgia hebraica que nos diz "You want it darker, we kill the flame" ou seja "Se queres que sejamos trevas, nós pomos um fim ao fogo". Consolida a hipótese ao cantar "A million candles burning for the help that never came" ou seja "Um milhão de velas acesas por uma ajuda que nunca chega". Ser judeu faz parte da identidade do cantor e não há nada que se possa fazer.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue