Jean Ritchie - One I Love



Uma rapariga apaixona-se por um 'coal miner of Kentucky':

All of my friends fell out with me
Because I kept your company
Let them say whatever they will
I love my love with a free good will.

One, I love
Two, he loves
Three, he's true to me.

They tell me he's poor, they tell me he's young
I tell them all to hold their tongue
If they could part the sand and the sea
Then they might part my love from me.

Over the mountains he must go
Because his fortune is so low
With an aching heart and a troubled mind
He's leaving his own true love behind.

When I'm awake, I find no rest
Until your head lies on my breast
When I'm asleep I'm dreaming of
My one, my dear, my own true love.



    Jean Ritchie é um 'little bird' da música folk americana. Nascida em 1922, no Kentucky, hoje com 92 anos, recolheu e cantou baladas narrativas que descrevem ricos e pobres, idas à fonte, a luz da natureza, as dores do parto, as brincadeiras de crianças, a fatalidade da morte - tal como o povo as cantava. Era conhecida como a menina dos Apalaches que tocava 'old time ballads' com um 'mountain dulcimer'. A simplicidade das melodias e da sua voz permanecem.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue