Fixing a Hole



    A canção é sobre o reforço do abrigo que permite suportar a avalanche diária de 'terrorismo' exterior. Se o dique cede, o melhor é remendá-lo porque impede o acto de pensar. Paul remenda o tecto, as frinchas na madeira da porta e pinta esse espaço interior com cores alegres, sem se preocupar "if I'm wrong I'm right". Tinha a certeza de que "where I belong I'm right". George Martin toca cravo, Lennon está nos 'backing vocals' e McCartney cria uma linha de baixo modelar sobre o refrão.

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering where it will go.

I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door 
And kept my mind from wandering where it will go.

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong I'm right 
Where I belong I'm right, where I belong.


See the people standing there who disagree and never win 
And wonder why they don't get in my door.

 
I'm painting my room in the colourful way 
And when my mind is wandering there I will go.


I'm taking the time for a number of things 
That weren't important yesterday and I still go.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue