Flores hungaras

. . . .
.
. .
..
Nota: O texto que se segue acompanha o video no YouTube.


‘Hollókő is an Palóc ethnographic village in Hungary, part of the World Heritage. It's located in a picturesque hilly surrounding, in a valley of Cserhát Mountains. The castle of Hollókő was built in the 13th century. This castle on top of the neighboring hill determined the life of the villagers for a long time. The Kacsics family built the pentagonal tower in the middle of the XIII centuru, which was continuously rebuilt and enlarged. Today a legend is connected to the name of the Kacsics family. Apparently a member of the family, Andras kidnapped the daughter of the neighbor nobleman and had her closed into a room of the castle. The nanny of the girl who was a witch called for the evils to help. They turned into ravens and carried the stones of the castle away. That is where the name of Holloko (Ravenstone) might derive from. The panorama of the Cserhat is breathtaking from the nicely renewed castle.

Translation of the song:


Fly bird, fly,
fly to Menaság    
(Hungarian region)
Sit on the shoulder
of my sweetheart.

Take my letter,
bird, and carry it
to my father and my mother
and to my promised spouse.

If they ask you how I am
tell them I am a prisoner
in the prison of love
I'm knee deep in iron.

Tell her, It was me who sent you
Then say that I am a prisoner,
In a foreign prison
I'm knee-deep in iron.

Fly bird, fly,
fly to Menaság
Sit on the shoulder
of my sweetheart.

'You're a prisoner my rose
While I am ill
When you come to me
I'll be healed.'

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue