Josienne Clarke & Ben Walker - Green Grow the Laurels



Green grow the laurels, soft as the dew
Sad I am, darling, on parting from you
Perhaps in the future our love will renew
We'll love one another and promise to be true.

I wrote my love a letter and he wrote me mine
I wrote my love a letter, he wrote me mine,
Said: keep your love letter and I will keep mine,
You write to your love and I'll write to mine.

I passed my love's window both night time and day,
I passed my love's window both night time and day.
And the looks that he gave me a thousand would slay,
And the looks that he gave me a thousand would slay.

      Este era o texto que Sandy Denny cantava. Josienne e Ben alteraram as estrofes e acrescentaram mais uma, mas o espírito é o mesmo, o de cantar e tocar como os anjos em English accent. Tanto quanto possível, nesta e noutras gerações, que as folhas de louro se mantenham verdes.

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue